Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Back to California

For those of you who read my blog, and are of a certain age, you will remember this famous pancake house of your childhood. I don’t know why I liked it so much, but I think it was how the little boy turned the tiger into butter by running it around in circles. When we were young there wasn’t the political correctness that we have today, so you cam imagine my surprise when I saw this as we were driving down highway 101, through Lincoln City. Every time we passed by it, it was filled with customers, so it must be doing good business. I remember going to the one in San Diego when my family took its annual trip to the zoo, we would stop there for a breakfast of pancakes with “tiger” butter and syrup.







Paul and I left Lincoln City on Tuesday for another leg of our trip back home. We spent the night at the Bandon by the Sea RV Park in Bandon, Oregon. As we were traveling down Highway 101, it was really interesting to see all the Oregon state parks that have RV camping sites available. I think that the next trip we make up the 101 we will take out time and plan staying at some of these coastal parks for a couple of days each to explore the Oregon and Washington coast.

We are now in Arcata, Ca at the Mad River RV Park and even though it has been at least two years since we stayed here last, not much has changed. Arcata, Ca is where Humboldt State University is and that is where our son David graduated from a few years ago. We have always loved this area with the redwoods, the coastline and the cities and are planning on exploring all of these areas in the week we will be here. I will have more pictures of the area in my next post. The pictures below are of the little town of Orick, Ca. Paul and I always try to stop there to get some good Mexican food when we are passing through, and lucky for us, we were there right at lunchtime. Tomorrow we will be going to Trinidad and Patrick’s Point for a day of exploring with the dogs.







I will post more tomorrow. See all of you soon, DD

No comments:

Post a Comment